The firm Fibotec Fiberoptics GmbH was founded in November 2001 by its key-individuals and with venture capital provided by the MIC GmbH AG. Headquartered in Meiningen, the firm is located in the center of Germany. Meiningen has been an important location for the electronics-industry, and has become the headquarters of the Fiber Optics industry since the early 90´s.
Dr. Stephan Schlemann
Dipl.-Ing. Mario Werner
Dr. Gerald Werner
Marketing & Sales
- founder member of C3 e.V. (Carbon Concrete Composites)
- paper (coauthor) at the SPIE conference Photonics West
- paper at the IEEE conference AVFOP
- 10 years in service for our customers
- Network Hybridsense presents itself with Fibotec
- Fibolocator interrogates multiple FBG at ofs in Edinburgh
- Correlation-OTDR (Fibolocator) at Innovation Fair Erfurt
- Correlation-OTDR application with Deutsche Bahn
- Network Adaptools presents itself with Fibotec
- Correlations-OTDR first time with cm - resolution at Optatec
- Extending European presence: France
- Completion of presence in North America and Mexico
- 5. Birthday "Partners in Fiberoptics"
- First Private Label Product
- Introduction of Single-Frequency Light Source
- "Design-In" of the first "Fault Locators" for OEM-Clients
- Introduction of "MOPA-FL"
- Distribution of the first custom-designed Pulsed Light Source (MOPA-FL)
- Introduction of the "Fault Locator" at the OFC (Los Angeles)
- "Design-In" of the first Laser source for the printing industry
- Presentation of one of the prototypes of the "Fault Locator"
- Patent application for further development of the Correlation-OTDR
- Completion of the first external Development project
- Delivery of the first High Power-Light Source prototype for the printing industry
- "Design-In" of the first OEM-ASE Source